After many years of distinguished service and leadership, Professor Willem B. Drees has announced his retirement as Editor of Zygon: Journal of Religion and Science. The transition period is expected to start by June 30, 2018.
The Zygon Joint Publication Board (JPB) is conducting a search for a new editor. The deadline for applications is January 8, 2018.
Zygon is a peer reviewed journal with over 50 years of world leadership in relating and exploring religion and science from multiple perspectives. It is published and circulated by agreements with Wiley-Blackwell.
Candidate Application Procedure
Candidates are encouraged to consider the following:
- Candidates applying for the position of Editor should carefully review all of the materials indicated below, and then write a letter of intent to the JPB. The letter should describe his or her relevant background, experience, leadership, and contributions that qualify them for the position of Editor. It should also include a discussion of their ability to have sufficient time and resources (personal and institutional) to carry out the position. Finally, and very importantly, the applicant should outline their vision and ideas for securing and expanding the future role of the Zygon Journal. Please send your letter of intent and materials to ZygonEditorSearch@gmail.com; your submission will be promptly acknowledged.
- Review our Joint Publication Board FAQ, which provides important information about the Editorship and the logistics of assuming the position.
- Review the Zygon Statement of Perspective.
- Anyone not fully familiar with Zygon, can explore the Wiley Online Library Zygon Journal website and the Zygon Journal Editorial Office website, to review its contents, history, organization, and other information.
- Review the Zygon Profile & Facts, which were authored by current editor Willem B. Drees.
- Perspectives on the position by current Zygon Editor, Willem B. Drees, September, 2017
Explore Zygon‘s distinguished past editors.
Joint Publication Board FAQ
Additional FAQ may be added from time to time if similar questions recur, so please continue to consult the website to stay updated. Go to FAQ…
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the Zygon Journal, please feel free to get in touch with us. Please share your name, institutional affiliation, email, phone number, time zone, and some convenient times for a call, along with your queries to: ZygonEditorSearch@gmail.com.